Marvel’s Avengers Operation: Hawkeye – Future Imperfect is on the way. The expansion will bring the character to the game in a big way. The video game is finally making its way to next-gen consoles, namely the Playstation 5 as well as the Xbox Series X and S next month. As part of the port, a new story expansion will bring Clint Barton to the fold. And he’s bringing some company with him. Have a look.
The story expansion, as we can see, features Maestro. This alternate version of Bruce Banner’s Hulk has the brains and strength of the beloved character. This particular iteration has been driven mad by an apocalyptic future. Marvel’s Avengers Operation: Kate Bishop – Taking AIM served as a lead-up to this latest expansion.
Here is the synopsis for the Hawkeye expansion.
“Hawkeye enlists the help of his fellow Avengers to prevent an apocalyptic future ruled by Maestro, a mad and clever villain. Clint’s mind and katana are razor sharp, and he has an arrow for every challenge ahead of him.”
In addition to the story trailer, a deep-dive video has also been released that provides a more in-depth overview of the new addition. As one might expect, the game will maximize Clint’s arrow-slinging abilities. In addition to a range of moves tapered to the character, he will have an arsenal of different arrows.
- Grapple Arrows let Clint traverse the environment with ease and is also an intrinsic heavy attack, reeling into enemies before slashing them with his sword
- Boomerang Arrows seek out targets before returning
- Implosion Arrows cluster enemies together or draw them away from you
- Tripwire Arrows stagger weaker enemies and push back larger foes with a spread of projectiles tethered together with energy
- Parry enemies with Rocket Arrows, which attach to targets, sending them airborne
- Pulsar Arrows attach to surfaces and build up energy before exploding. The more they build up, the bigger the boom!
Here is the synopsis for Marvel’s Avengers.
“After the A-Day disaster destroyed San Francisco and created a population of Inhumans, the Avengers disbanded. In their absence, Advanced Idea Mechanics (AIM) swears to protect the people, but all is not as it seems. Start in the role of Kamala Khan, a teenage Avengers mega fan, on the run from AIM after uncovering a damning secret on their servers. As you reunite the Avengers, you’ll play as each member to learn how they work inside and out. Journey as each of the Avengers across and beyond the Earth to rekindle the Avengers’ confidence in themselves before there’s no world left to save.”
Those who purchased the game for the PS4 or Xbox One will be able to port it over to a next-gen console at now additional cost. Unfortunately for Marvel and developer Square Enix, not as many people purchased the game as they initially anticipated, based on early sales figures.
Marvel’s Avengers arrives on the PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X on March 18 alongside Operation: Hawkeye – Future Imperfect.