It looks like the entire Guardians of the Galaxy team will indeed appear in next year's Avengers: Infinity War. Now another member, Dave Bautista's Drax the Destroyer, has been confirmed for the movie!
Last April, the Russo Brothers confirmed that Chris Pratt's Peter Quill, aka Star-Lord, would be the first member of the spacefaring anti-hero team to sign on for the May 4, 2018 release. Later, a rumor surfaced online that suggested that the character would be "a major player" in the movie. Then we had to wait until the second and third weeks of this month to get confirmation from Zoe Saldana and Karen Gillan that their characters, Gamora and Nebula, would return in Avengers: Infinity War.
Now, Dave Bautista has revealed via his official Twitter account that he’ll be a part of the superhero extravaganza and will start filming his scenes on Monday - the very day the movie kicks off production. And the wrestler-turned-actor claims that he has yet to get his hands on the screenplay.
Variety recently posted a clip on Twitter featuring an interview with Elizabeth Olsen (Scarlet Witch in the Marvel Cinematic Universe) and Jeremy Renner (Hawkeye). Both of them said that they hadn't read the script. Olsen insisted that she won't be filming any scenes for Avengers: Infinity War until April. In response to that post, Bautista tweeted the following:
"” Dave Bautista (@DaveBautista) January 22, 2017
Earlier this month, Zoe Saldana and Chris Hemsworth also said that they hadn't read Chris Markus and Stephen McFeely's screenplay. While these actors have no idea what’s going on, Karen Gillan did say in an interview last week that Nebula will make "a little appearance" in Avengers: Infinity War.
We can’t be sure whether Marvel Studios really hasn't allowed these actors to have a look at the script – even when at least one of them is about to start filming – or they’re simply saying that to avoid further questions from journalists and reporters.