Marvel fans are going to be able to bring the action home this summer, as Avengers: Endgame is coming to digital platforms next month, followed by a physical release in August. The news was officially announced by Marvel today. One of the biggest movies of all time (and possibly the biggest of all time when it's all said and done) will be available on Digital HD on July 30. The 4K Ultra HD and Blur-ray/DVD release is set to follow on August 13.
To commemorate the occasion, Marvel has released a brand new trailer for the epic blockbuster. At this point, it's quite clear they're just assuming everyone has seen the movie, as it's loaded down with virtually every big moment. So, needless to say, if you're one of the few out there who hasn't seen it yet, best avoid the trailer. But for those that want to check out it, we've included it below.
As for special features? Marvel didn't skimp on the goods. While there is something to be desired in behind the scenes content, there's a lot to enjoy. Here's a full breakdown of what fans will get for their money.
- Steve and Peggy: One Last Dance - Explore Captain America and Peggy Carter's bond, forged in moments from previous films that lead to a momentous choice in "Avengers: Endgame."
Blu-ray & Digital:
- Remembering Stan Lee - Filmmakers and cast honor the great Stan Lee in a fond look back at his MCU movie cameos.
- Setting The Tone: Casting Robert Downey Jr. - Hear the tale of how Robert Downey Jr. was cast as Tony Stark in the original "Iron Man" "” and launched the MCU.
- A Man Out of Time: Creating Captain America - Trace the evolution of Captain America with those who helped shape the look, feel and character of this compelling hero.
- Black Widow: Whatever It Takes - Follow Black Widow’s journey both within and outside the Avengers, including the challenges she faced and overcame along the way.
- The Russo Brothers: Journey to Endgame - See how Anthony and Joe Russo met the challenge of helming two of the biggest films in cinematic history … back-to-back!
- The Women of the MCU - MCU women share what it was like to join forces for the first time in an epic battle scene "” and be part of such a historic ensemble.
- Bro Thor - His appearance has changed but his heroism remains! Go behind the scenes to see how Bro Thor was created.
- Six Deleted Scenes - "Goji Berries," "Bombs on Board," "Suckiest Army in the Galaxy," "You Used to Frickin' Live Here," "Tony and Howard" and "Avengers Take a Knee."
- Gag Reel - Laugh along with the cast in this epic collection of flubs, goofs and gaffes from set.
- Visionary Intro – Intro by directors Joe and Anthony Russo.
- Audio Commentary – Audio commentary by directors Anthony and Joe Russo, and writers Christopher Markus and Stephen McFeely.
To say that expectations were high for Avengers: Endgame would be a dramatic understatement. This was, not to overstate things, one of the most highly-anticipated movies ever released. Yet, somehow, directors Joe and Anthony Russo managed to pull it off. To date, it's grossed a record-breaking $2.75 billion at the global box office, second to only James Cameron's Avatar.
This weekend, Marvel is re-releasing Endgame in theaters with some additional post-credit content, including a deleted scene and a tease for Spider-Man: Far From Home. The re-release could help give the Marvel heroes that little boost they need to best Avatar. For those who would rather wait and watch the movie again from the comfort of their own homes, the wait won't be that much longer.
We’ve included the cover art below, including the special edition steelbook, which is available exclusively at Best Buy. Are you satisfied with what's included on the Avengers: Endgame home video release? Will you be picking it up for yourself? Sound off in the comments!