Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness is coming home soon. The Digital and Blu-ray release dates for the latest Marvel Cinematic Universe sequel have been revealed. So for those who wish to own a copy rather than stream it on Disney+, the time is soon upon us. The film will first hit digital retailers on June 22, the same day that it will be streaming on Disney+ for subscribers. For those who would prefer to rent/own it elsewhere, the options will be plentiful.
As for the Blu-ray, DVD and 4K Ultra HD release, that will be coming much later on July 26. Those waiting for a physical copy will indeed have to exercise some patience. This is something Disney has been doing lately as they continue to prioritize streaming. As for bonus features, here is a list of everything that fans can expect from the home video release.
Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness Bonus Features
- Method to the Madness – Join various crew members and Marvel employees in interviews as they discuss their love of Sam Raimi and all the details of Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness that make it quintessentially Raimi.
- Introducing America Chavez – In this short and fun profile piece, we’ll learn about America’s humble beginnings in the comics. We’ll meet Xochitl Gomez and discuss the complications her character’s unique power presents for the future of the MCU.
- Constructing the Multiverse – Writing a feature film for Marvel is no easy task. In this playful yet informative featurette, we’ll dive into the challenges that writer Michael Waldron faced in creating the twisting and turning story of Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness.
- Gag Reel – Take a look at some of the fun outtakes on set with the cast and crew of Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness.
- A Great Team – A journalist questions Doctor Strange’s integrity.
- Pizza Poppa – Bruce is relieved when Doctor Strange’s spell ends.
- It’s Not Permanent – Bruce tries to accuse Doctor Strange of being an imposter.
- View the film with audio commentary by Sam Raimi, Richie Palmer, and Michael Waldron.
Here is the synopsis for Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness.
“Journey into the unknown in Marvel Studios’ Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness. When the MCU unlocks the Multiverse, Doctor Strange (Benedict Cumberbatch) must enlist help from old and new allies as he traverses mind-bending and dangerous alternate realities in order to confront a surprising adversary.”
The sequel to 2016’s Doctor Strange has been a huge hit up to this point. Directed by Sam Raimi, it has grossed more than $913 million at the global box office. That is a sizable uptick from Benedict Cumberbatch’s previous solo outing. But much of that probably has to do with his appearances elsewhere in the MCU, including Avengers: Infinity War and Spider-Man: No Way Home.
Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness is in theaters now.
What do you think? Do you plan on picking up a Blu-ray? Or are you going to stream it on Disney+? Join in on the conversation over on Facebook or Twitter!